From Fan History Wiki
- Linda Deneroff and Cynthia Levine published the adult, heterosexual Star Wars stories, “Slow Boat to Bespin, 1 and 2" in the multimedia zine Guardian #3. (email@example.com ) These stories would be part of the focus of an issue over what Star Wars fans could and could not publish when in August 1981, Maureen Garrett, Director of the Official Star Wars Fan Club, sent Guardian and several other fanzines a letter. The letter asserted Lucasfilms Ltd. owned all the characters in the Star Wars universe. The letter also stated that Lucasfilms Ltd. was going to insist on no pornography because they didn't want their image darkened. The letter also alluded to the threat of possible litigation if this problem was not corrected. (firstname.lastname@example.org, Langley )
- FFML (FanFic Mailing list) was created in August of 1995
- In August, Cliff Chen posted one of the first X-Files fan fiction stories to the Internet. It was a Doctor Who, Anne Rice, X-Files crossover. The story was titled "Birds of a Feather."
- Fanfic archive A Teaspoon and an Open Mind  opened in August 2003.
- FanDomination.Net was founded by Laura and Jim Partin in August of 2002.
- In August of 2005, Jim Partin took over sole control of FanDomination.Net.
- In August of 1996, Alt.startrek.creative was kicked off their host, token.netbecause of the bandwith usage.
- Between August and October 1996, Alternative (alt) fan fiction became a standard in the Xena fandom.
- Between August and October 1996, Dax opened her fan fiction archive "Obsessions" which contains alt stories and quickly becomes a favorite site of Xena fans. ( Lunacy )
- In August 2001, Kangeiko posted "Two Loveable Young Women." 
- In August 2001, Telanu began writing her Tea series. 
Recent days: August 29 – August 28 – August 27