From Fan History Wiki
The early Backstreet Boys community was found at various personal web sites, on mailing lists and centered around FanFiction.Net.
- Sometime around June of 2000, the site Bad Fanfic! No Biscuit! was created by Siubhan and Joan the English Chick. The site, last updated in January of 2001, introduced or helped further the concept of badfic into a number of additional fan fiction communities, including this one. Unlike some badfic websites or sites which just pointed out badfic, as in of accidental inferior quality, the site had deliberate badfic and explanations as to what was not right with the story, what made the story bad.
- On December 5, 2000, the mailing list PopStarFanFics was founded.  This list hosted Backstreet Boys, NSync, Take5, No Authority, Natural, Christian Davis, Moffatts, Hanson, Skandal, Westlife, A1, MyTown, 5ive, O-town, Britney Spears, Jessica Simpson fan fiction.
- On July 16, 2002, the mailing list Tales_From_The_RP was founded.  The list hosts Pink, NSync, Britney Spears, Backstreet Boys and Westlife fan fiction.
- On May 5, 2004, the LiveJournal community bsb_daily was created.  This community is strictly for posting photos of BSB.
This section needs information.
The pairings displayed in fanfic about the band has grown with its fan base. Many early stories paired a member of the group (usually youngest member Nick Carter) with an OFC. As the fan base grew up, and fans discovered slash, the members were paired up with each other, which at first was mostly Brian Littrell/Nick Carter due to their close friendship, nowadays the main pairing is Kevin Richardson/Nick Carter, even after Kevin's departure from the band. However, any one of the members can be, and have been, paired up with any other member, and "crossover" pairings with members of NSync are equally common.
On April 8, 2007, there were 46 Backstreet Boys stories posted on Quizilla, 91 stories posted to FanDomination.Net, 8 stories on FanWorks.Org and 2 stories posted on FicWad. As of August 20, 2007, the backstreetslash LJ community had 59 members, and bsbslash had 134. However, the majority of the active members in both groups have migrated to the smaller, invite only Backstreet Boys/NSync group sync_the_street
- Yearwood, E. (2002, March 3). Pop artists star in fans' online fiction. Times Colonist (Victoria), p. B11.
|Learn more about the music fandoms and the BandFic community by reading the information above. Add more to it by clicking the edit tab and writing more. Use the form to the left to start a new page and share your knowledge of music fandom history with others.|