From Fan History Wiki
Who can promote
Fan History is dedicated to documenting the history of fandom. Fan History has the infrastructure to promote fan fiction archives, entertainment sites, wikis, convention dealers, bloggers, news sites, conventions, fanzines, hotels that host fan events that contributors can take advantage of.
How to promote
Organization, events, companies, fansites, fan communities and people can be promoted in the following ways:
- As examples of certain types of works or movements on terminology pages in sections for examples.
- On pages about a site, blog, dealer, convention, hotel, etc. Create an article, if none exists, using a template. See Template:Blog, Template:Convention, Template:Dealer, Template:Fansite, Template:Fanzine, Template:Fanzine publisher, Template:Hotel for ideas on how to create pages.
- On pages about members of fandom. See Template:Person for an idea on how to create pages about people in fandom.
- Create articles about people affiliated with your site or group.
- In external link sections on relevant pages.
- On User pages that a contributor creates. User:Laura/Reading GSR is an example of a user page which lists stories the User read. User:Laura is an example of links to profiles that user maintains.
- On timelines when the events are relevant to a fandom or community history.
What to remember
Fan History will not ban any user for adding external links so long as the link they added fits with the page it was added to, the additional content is relevant to the scope of the article and the link was added to the relevant section. A good example of link building on Fan History is the link building that has been done by Wikia on Fan History.
Fan History will ban for articles that look like they were created by a spam bot, where an effort has not been made to fit in to the scope of the wiki, where the article looks like an exercise in link baiting and where the rules are not followed.
When adding links and content, make sure that you are making the wiki a better resource. That is the easiest way to have your link be included and not be banned.
|Fan History Wiki|